Faculty Voices: Has parking affected the faculty members?

“No, not so far. My answer may not be as valid as ?others because we just moved buildings so I’m parking? in another spot to begin with. I made a change so I? haven’t noticed a change.”
Debra Breckheimer, Professor of English

“I think for most faculty, many of us get here? very early because of the parking situation, so we? deliberately have chosen classes early. But I think it’s a big concern that students inevitably come to class moaning and groaning ?about having difficulties with parking, or having lost? time. In big university campuses parking is a problem ?too. So, really, it is getting people ready for the real? world.”
Susan Bachmann, Professor of English

“I guess I’m lucky because it hasn’t affected me? at all. The only way it has affected me is that I had? to park farther from my office a couple of days a week.? And it’s actually good because I get to walk more and? get the exercise that I don’t get while I’m sitting by ?my desk. Compared to universities, it’s not bad ?at all.”
Rebecca Bergeman, Professor of ESL

“I have not been affected by the parking situation, ?primarily because I’m a part-time instructor. I also don’t mind walking; it’s a? good exercise and I am always able to find parking by? the Industry and Technology buildings. Overall, I don’t mind the parking because it’s always nice? to walk.”
Mary Lyons, Professor of nutrition