Union Editorial: New transcript policy impacts all transferees

Due to recent incidents involving the falsification of transcripts by EC students and other college students, the administration has temporarily discontinued the policy regarding hand-carried transcripts. Students are unable to bring their own sealed transcripts to have credits from other institutions placed into their EC transcripts.

Undeservingly and as a result of what a handful of students have done, the rest of the student body is left to deal with the consequences.

Students are now required to petition the institution to mail the transcript to EC.

The policy, however, does not affect the transcripts that can be taken to a counselor in order to be cleared for classes, since these have always been allowed to be unofficial.

The problem with this solution is the time element. Students are now subject to a longer waiting period in order to have credits added to their EC transcripts. For transfer students, this is even more problematic, since there are more deadlines to meet in order to provide information to the universities.

Unfortunately for continuing students, EC may also implement a more strict transcript policy that could affect the time and effort it takes to log credits and records into the EC transcript.

Students who attempt to forge official documents may want to consider their unlawful actions more carefully, since it will now affect the other 25,000 students attending the college.