Police Beat April 4 – April 7

April 7, 7:01 a.m. Officers responded to the MBA Building first level bathrooms for a man who was screaming inside. Officers made contact with the man who was rinsing his face. The man who is not a student told officers that his vehicle was overheating so he pulled into Lot A. When he opened the radiator cap, hot steam and liquid from the radiator rose up onto his face and eyes. Paramedics were called and transported the man to an area hospital.

April 7, 10:53 a.m. A student who parked her vehicle in Lot H reported that her vehicle was stolen. Later that day, an officer located the student’s vehicle in Lot J. The student was contacted and she told the officer that she forgot where she parked.

April 6, 5 p.m. An officer stopped a vehicle with an equipment violation in the 3400 block of Redondo Beach Boulevard. The driver, who is not a student, did not have a drivers license. The officer issued the driver a citation and had the vehicle parked at the scene.

April 6, 10:07 a.m. An officer responded to the MBA Building for a student who was feeling suicidal. A classmate told the officer that she overheard the student say that she was doing bad in her math class and that she suffers from depression and anxiety. The officer found the student and the student was referred to the campus psychologist for assistance.

April 4, 9 p.m. A man driving in the 3100 block of Manhattan Beach Boulevard was stopped for making an illegal turn. The man, who is not a student, was driving with a suspended license. The officer issued the man a citation and had the passenger drive the vehicle.