Warrior Newsline April 7 – 14

Career Center Panel

A panel of professionals will speak to students about careers for helpers and good samaritans on Thursday, April 7 from 1-2:30 p.m. in the Distance Education Center room 166. Students must RSVP for the event to attend, and can do so online here. For more information, call (310) 660-3593 ext. 6137.

Planetarium show

The astronomy department is hosting a free planetarium show on Saturday, April 9 from 3-4 p.m. in the Planetarium. Seating is first come, first served. For more information, call 310-660-3593 ext. 3548.

Jazz festival

The 3rd annual EC jazz festival will take place throughout the day on Saturday April 9. The events are a day-long celebration of live jazz music dedicated to the memory of Dr. Christopher Mello, an EC jazz professor. For more information, visit elcamino.edu/academics/finearts/music/ensembles/instrumental/jazz.asp

Career & majors fair

The career center is hosting a career and majors fair on Tuesday, April 12 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the Library Lawn. The EC website calls it a “golden opportunity” for students to network with counselors and employers to explore career options. For more information, call 310-660-3593 ext. 6137.

University fair

The transfer center is hosting a university fair on Thursday, April 14 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the Library Lawn. Students can speak with representatives from multiple colleges in one day, according to elcamino.edu. For more information, call 310-660-3593 ext. 3408.