Newsline for April 23 – May 6

UC workshop hosted for tips

Hosted by the Transfer Center is a “How to Get Into a UC” Panel Presentation on April 23 at 1 p.m. in the East Dining Room. There will be representatives from various University of California schools including Merced, Los Angeles, and more. There will be a question and answer session with each individual campus from 2:30 p.m. until 4 p.m. right after the panel presentation. For more information on the event, contact the center at (310) 660-3593 ext. 3408.

Open house showcases variety of talents

The Fine Arts Division will be hosting their open house/fair on Friday, April 24 at from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. in various spots around the campus. These areas will showcase various pieces and genres of work: such as dance, singing and artwork. This event is free and open to the public. For more information on the event, call (310) 660-3715.

High school visits EC

Nathaniel Narbonne High School will be visiting on April 24 at 9 a.m until 10 a.m. for a tour of the campus. The tour will be sponsored by the Student Services offices. For more information on the tour or the other tours, you can visit the center which is located across from the bookstore. For hours, of operation visit the student services page on the EC website.

Coached take on students

The Center for the Arts will be presenting a performance of the award-winning EC Speech and Debate coaches versus the students on April 30 at 2 p.m. in Marsee Auditorium. Tickets for the event are $15 and they can be purchased online, by phone, or in person at the ticket office. For more information, call (310) 329-5345.

Development Center hosts health awareness fair

A two-day mental health awareness fair will be presented by the Special Resource Center, Student Development, Staff and Student Diversity on May 6 and 7 at 10 a.m. on the Library Lawn. There will be various speakers and vendors for the event and it is free. For more information on the fair, call (310) 660-3593 ext. 3660.