Technical conference offered as part of Women's History Month

Women in non-traditional employment roles is the overall theme for the Women Technical Conference that will take place on campus on March 15.

Lorena Montes, outreach coordinator said this event is part of Women’s History Month.

“There will be keynote speakers that include successful women from Northrop Grumman, Jet Propulsion Laboratory and Space X,” Montes said.
The conference is part one of multiple events taking place at EC celebrating Women’s History Month and this one will be a “hands on” interactive conference.
Montes said that the conference will mainly be featuring women who have achieved success in “non-traditional” employment.
“It helps women who attend, to know that they can be more than the norm of a stay-at-home mom or secretary,” Hayley Evans, 27, anthropology major, said.

There will also be multiple workshops led by professors from fields such as auto industry, construction, building trades, electronics, public utilities, robotics, transportation, welding among more.”
“They are showing women who have been breaking out of  the mold,'” Samantha Clark,22, English major, said. “These women are showing that they can make it in the men’s world.”
Students are welcomed to attend as well as nearby high schools have been invited to the event.
“Gender shouldn’t matter wen it comes to work, it should be just like anything else,” Alyssa Williams, 22, Art, said.
The event is free and those who pre-register will receive free-lunch and a T-shirt.
For more information visit www.elcamino.edu/academics/wit