Are students informed about politics that affect EC? Yes

With budget cuts, changes in Pell grant limits, reductions in classes and the availability of counseling appointments shrinking, students can’t afford to sit idly hoping for brighter days.
Students simply do not take everything passively anymore. They do not excuse themselves from having an educated and valuable opinion. Students are not afraid to say which issues matter to them. They are standing up to protect their rights, as well as the rights of the generation that is to come.
With advancements in technology, proliferating and disseminating information has never been so easy. This allows students to stay informed. Students can access balanced information from different sources just by reaching in their pockets and picking up their smartphones. Having this advantage gives them the opportunity to evaluate an issue fairly and create an educated opinion.
Not only do students keep themselves updated, they also try to pass on the information to the people within their community of influence.
Student government, as well as campus clubs and organizations work hard to inform their fellow students and the community of vital information. They do this through forums, talks, demonstrations, and organized movements.
A clear example of this is the occupy movement that happened not so long ago.
Those who really cared about what the occupy movement was trying to do stood firm and held the light to illuminate the minds of those who needs enlightenment. The student protestors expressed their opinions and sparked a fire for those who had none.
With the forth-coming elections, more and more informed students are finding ways to encourage others to practice their right of suffrage.
Student leaders are trying innovative ways of informing the student population about this. Some do it through information booths, others through concerts and events, while others are simply vocal of their beliefs.
Informed students are alive, well and multiplying every day.