Smart phones connect to EC

Staying connected just got easier for EC smart phone users with the new downloadable iPod application “Datatel Mobile Access (MOX)” which will help keep students informed about the campus.
According to the official Datatel website, the application will provide students with current events, the latest news and athletic news.
“I think it’s beneficial for those who don’t have time to sit down at a computer and look for updates about the college,” Victor Montez, English major, said.
The website also stated that the free application will provide students their class schedules, a directory to find their professors’ contact information and also notifications such as when library books are due.
“It’s useful and it makes things a lot easier,” Pearl Bash, photography major, said. “The notifications might help with letting people know when the registration starts or when fees are due.”
The website also states that the application can provide students with a campus map that will indicate where buildings are and give directions to and from the college, along with the option for students or faculty to keep in contact with colleagues.
However, for the moment, the application is only compatible with the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, but according to the website; will soon be available for the Google Android and BlackBerry models.
“It’s bittersweet that it’s not available for the all the phones yet, because it would come in handy to find out about the campus, sooner than later,” Bash said.
According to the website, the application is set out to make the lives of students, professors and other faculty easier with providing fast access.
“I think it’s good that campus is trying to keep up with the latest technologies,” Bash said. “It really does help benefit the campus.