ICC hosts masquerade gala

Glaring lights beam across the room, while colorful adorned masks grace the faces of attendees as their bodies move along with the beat of the music. Nick Mitchell, Inter-Club council president, assures this homecoming event to be a memorable night.
“We are going to have a disc jockey and live entertainment and desserts,” Mitchell said. “We are going to announce the king and queen and it will be a blast.”
Keeping the homecoming after- party traditional, the ICC decided to add a bit of a masquerade touch to this semester’s homecoming event.
“This semester will have a fog machine, which we haven’t had, and we are also going to have a contest,” Stephanie Morales, ICC commissioner of activities, said.
The dance is to begin at 9:30 p.m. and end at 12:30 a.m.
It’s open to only those in campus clubs and has a cost entrance of $5 with ASB sticker and $10 without.
“We will be having the best dressed mask contest,” Nestor Rogel, ICC senate representative, said. “We are also expecting about 200 people.”
Homecoming king and queen hopefuls had a chance to win over the crowd and get their vote on Tuesday’s pep rally that consisted of the football team sharing their goals for the semester as well as a performance by the pep squad.
King and queen candidates will also make an appearance at the football game on Saturday Nov. 6.
Cars will be driven around the field with the potential kings and queens showing them off one last time before the crowning at the dance.
Homecoming queen candidate Taylor Moyer is really looking forward to see if people actually show up in their best masquerade wardrobe.
“I’ve always kind of had a secret love for phantom of the opera, and I’m kind of interested in it,” Moyer said. “The fun part is going to see if people stick to the theme.”