Transfer Day

The campus will be having a Transfer Day Fair, on Oct. 5 from 10a.m. to 1p.m.

“We are getting into the application filing period so students are going to be busy and the Transfer Day Fair is going to help them maybe finalize a decision of where they want to transfer to and we also have a Transfer Conference coming up, it’ll be all day, a lot of workshops. So we have a lot of things going on this fall that will help students with the transfer process, Transfer Day just being one of them,” Sue Oda-Omori, transfer center coordinator, said.

There are close to 80 universities and colleges that will be coming. “So far, we have all the UC campuses’, a good selection of Cal-State universities, independent and private universities, and also some historically black universities as well,” Oda-Omori said.

So students will have easy access to a lot of different colleges, which will allow them to stay close to home.

“All the universities will be set-up at tables outside on the main pathway of the campus and they will have all their materials out there; their brochures and information on transfer admissions and information that transfer students need to know,” Oda-Omori said.

A student should be able to find paperwork on various programs, so it’s a good day to get out in the fresh air and collect a lot of material, Oda-Omori said.

“And you know you can talk to the representatives all though it’s pretty crowded out there and I’ve heard students say that sometimes the crowd is loud, large around a table that it’s hard to talk to the representatives but if you’re patient and persistent you’ll be able to have a conversation with the representatives,” Oda-Omori said.

Students will also have access to a transfer center table to add to the collection of university tables that will be there so students can stop on by and ask pertinent questions and take note of up-and-coming events as well, Oda-Omori said.

“Students can find more information on Transfer Day and the Transfer Conference in the counseling center and transfer center or on the transfer center web site transfer at www. elcamino.edu/student services/co/transferservices. asp,” Oda-Omori said.