ASO senator positions available

Any student interested in becoming a leader on campus still have a chance to do so.

Four Associated Student Organization (ASO) positions are still open after only four of the eight positions were filled following the fall special election last week.

Those who were elected into office after the special election are, Paola J. Garcia, director of student and community advancement; Jay Canela, Region Seven representative; Kelvin Lee, senator of business, and John Larry Villasenor, senator of natural sciences.

“I will listen to anyone who has anything to say concerning El Camino, and together with the Associated Student Office, I will propose any necessary changes to our school system, such as the problems with textbooks, parking and a few others,” Canela said.

The Region Seven representative’s main job is to inform other regions and community colleges about the activities at EC.

The positions still open are senator of the business division, senator of industry and technology division, and two senators of mathematical sciences division; those interested in filling the positions may apply at the ASO office located in the Student Activities Center.

Hoping to inspire others to join another newly elected ASO member, Garcia said she takes care of the students’ concerns and takes the issues to ASO.

“I am the students’ voice; I can help them with problems,” Garcia said.

“If there is a solution for the problem, I will find it,” she said.

Paola works closely with Dr. Pat Caldwell, vice president of student and community advancement.

They both find solutions to problems concerning EC.

Other members, such as Lee, try to help students majoring in business discover ways to get a job in their fields of interest.

“I’m looking for people who are having trouble so I can try and help them improve the situation and set up orientations to help out the people who don’t know what they need to do,” Lee said.