On the Scene

The El Camino Theatre Department is putting on a performance of the classic musical “Bye Bye Birdie” on Friday, April 24 at 8 p.m. in Marsee Auditorium. The play tells the story of Conrad Birdie, a popular singer who arrives in Sweet Apple, Ohio, where he is to give one of his fans a kiss before he goes off to join the army. The tickets are $25 for adults and $18 for children 12 and under. For more information call 1-800-THE-ARTS.

Pianists Polli Chambers-Salazar and Christopher Brennan will be performing in a duet concert on Saturday, April 25 at 8 p.m. in Marsee Auditorium. Some of the pieces featured in their performance include Dolly Suite,” Op. 56 by Fauré,
“Blue Horizon” by Brennan and Piazzolla’s “Tangos for Two Pianos.” Tickets are $15 and may be purchased online, by phone, or at the ticket office. For more information call 1-800-THE-ARTS.

The Concert Band at El Camino, led by Director Dane Teter, will be performing on Sunday, April 26 at 3 p.m. in Marsee Auditorium. Tickets for the event are $10 and can be purchased online, by phone, or at the ticket office. For more information call 1-800-THE-ARTS.

The Concert Choir/Mixed Chorus, led by Director Joanna Nachef with pianist, Kenner Bailey, will perform on Sunday, May 3 at 8 p.m. in Marsee Auditorium. Tickets for the event are $10 and can be purchased online, by phone, or at the ticket office. For more information call 1-800-THE-ARTS.

The Jazz Two Big Band, led by Director David Sills, will be performing on Monday, May 4 at 8 p.m. in the Robert Haag Recital Hall. Tickets for the event are $10 and can be purchased online, by phone, or at the ticket office. For more information call 1-800-THE-ARTS.

.