Track team sprints to the SCC finals

The preliminary rounds of the South Coast conference began in Cerritos this past Tuesday as the EC track team battled to get to conference finals this Saturday.

The Warriors needed to place in the top six to qualify for the finals.

Sophomore Daniel York-Mouton placed third in the men’s 400-meter dash while teammate sophomore Will Ingram placed seventh behind him. Ingram also placed fourth in men’s long jump.

Sophomore Chris Rasmussen placed third in long jump, sophomore Khalil Flemister placed third in men’s triple jump final, and sophomore Tyler Caracoza placed sixth in the men’s 1500-meter dash.

Sophomores Teddy Kassa and Michael Nakahara looked sharp in the 10000-meter final as Kassa placed first which made him the Southern Coast Conference Champion and Nakahara earned the third place finish.

Sophomore Chris Graham placed sixth in the men’s 110-meter hurdles and freshman Kimberly Markley placed sixth in the women’s 100-meter hurdle.

Freshman Xiomara Perkins placed fourth in the women’s 400-meter dash. While fellow freshman Victoria Porter placed fourth in the women’s 800-meter dash.

Freshman Xitlalic Canchola placed fifth in the women’s 1500-meter dash while freshmen Jackie Rodriguez placed sixth in the women’s 10000-meter dash.

Freshman Sara Curran placed second in women’s pole vault final with teammate Cailin McMartin placing sixth.

Freshman Passionae Martin placed sixth in women’s 100-meter hurdles and freshman Zaynab Bent-Mikail placed fifth in the women’s triple jump.

In throws, freshman Jessica Bulagrelli placed fifth in women’s shot put and sophomore Cambria Serrano placed sixth in women’s javelin.

The Warriors continue their quest to state on Saturday In Cerritos College for conference finals.