Beach volleyball makes quick work of visiting Antelope Valley and Rio Hondo colleges

In a day of two conference matches for the El Camino beach volleyball team, the Warriors came out with some fire and pounded the visiting Marauders and Roadrunners, on Friday.

The Warriors were perfect on the day with no set losses and a 10-0 match record, even with the No. 5 pair of Jewel Yandall, sophomore and Brooklyn Rubio, freshman, having to substitute sophomore Kezia Boyer in for Rubio (earache).

Here are the set scores for each individual pair and match:

Warriors vs. Antelope Valley College Marauders, 5-0 win.

• No. 5 pair of Jewel Yandall and Kezia Boyer, sophomores, dominate with a 21-8 and 21-4 sweep.
  • No. 4 pair of Jessica Dow and Victoria Curtice, freshmen, clean up a 21-13 and 21-13 sweep.
  • No. 3 pair of Brooke Russell, sophomore, and Taylor Brydon, freshman, bounce back from the March 9 loss with a 21-7 and 21-11 sweep.
  • No. 2 pair of Michelle Shimamoto and Nickeisha Williams, sophomores, don’t even allow the visitors to hit double digits in a 21-9 and 21-9 sweep.
  • No. 1 pair of Laynie Thompson and Sadie Fraker, sophomores, also bounce back from the March 9 loss with a 21-12 and 21-15 sweep.

Warriors vs. Rio Hondo College Roadrunners, 5-0 win.

• No. 5 pair of Yandall/Boyer complete the day with a 21-8 and 21-15 sweep.
  • No. 4 pair of Dow/Curtice take a much closer sweep after beating RHC 21-14 and 21-19.
  • No. 3 pair of Russell/Brydon give the Warriors the early win with a 21-12 and 21-10 sweep.
  • No. 2 pair of Shimamoto/Williams grabbed the victory with a 21-11 and 21-10 sweep.
  • No. 1 pair of Thompson/Fraker would not be outdone as the two finished the day, with a 21-16 set one win and a dominating 21-5 set two win, for the sweep.