Movie Review: “Taken 2” has similar plot but plenty of action

He did what he does best.

Car chases, explosions and the repetitive sound of bones crushing as Bryan Mills, played by Liam Neeson, effortlessly snaps the “bad guys” necks, were just a few of the scenes in the movie “Taken 2.”

Directed by Olivier Megaton, the movie is a sequel to “Taken” which was released in October of 2008. In the previous movie, Mills goes after his daughter, Maggie, after she is kidnapped in Europe and tries to save her before she is sold into prostitution.

In this movie, the roles are reversed as the father of one of the men Mills killed while rescuing his daughter, comes to seek revenge.

After visiting Mills in Instabul, Lennie, Mills’ ex-wife, played by Famke Jensson, is taken hostage along with Mills and eventually is the one that Mills must save before it is too late.

Although the plot seems familiar to the “Taken” movie fans, it features more of his family in the movie. His daughter Maggie, comes into her own and finds the courage to be more like her father as she courageously seeks to find him when her parents are taken. His ex-wife also has a bigger role.

What also didn’t change is that Liam Neeson is still a badass. Who else can easily kick-butt at 60 years old?

The movie provides viewers with a car chase scene that is to remember as it leaves audiences holding their breath waiting to see if they will make it or not.

Is it any different than the first movie? No. But for those who are fans of Liam Neeson and want to see an action-packed film, they won’t be disappointed as “Taken 2” takes fans on a suspenseful adventure.