Police Beat Nov. 23 – Nov. 30

El Camino College

Nov. 23, 9:34 a.m. A construction supervisor at the Technical Arts demolition site told an officer that he noticed a fence was pried open. According to the report, no other damage was reported.

Nov. 23, 11:48 a.m. Officers responded to the Industry and Technology building for a check the welfare call.

Nov. 24, 12:51 p.m. A female student went to the police station to report that she was battered outside a classroom on the second floor of the Social Science Building. The victim told the officer that the other female student who confronted her grabbed her folder and scratched her finger. The confrontation was a result of one of the students sending text messages to the other student’s boyfriend. The victim was not desirous of prosecution.

Nov. 25, 2 p.m. Two male students in separate vehicles collided in Lot L. Neither of the students were injured. Both vehicles had moderate damage.

Nov. 25, 3:12 p.m. A male student went to the police lobby after smoking an unknown oil in a pipe and was afraid for his life. According to the report, the student had trouble answering the officers questions and would stare into space. The officer called for paramedics and paramedics transported the student to an area hospital.

Nov. 25, 5:48 p.m. An officer responded to the Tennis Courts for a suspicious person. The responding officer was unable to locate anyone.

Nov. 28, 4:57 p.m. Officers responded to a call for a reckless driver in Lot H.

Nov. 30, 2:44 p.m. Officers responded to a traffic collision in Lot L.

Gardena

Nov. 23, 7:07 a.m. Unknown persons stole cordless drills and construction tools from a vehicle in the 16400 block of Denker Avenue.

Nov. 25, 6:23 p.m. A catalytic converter was stolen from a vehicle in the 15700 block of Brighton Avenue.

Nov. 25, 10:30 p.m. A white 1991 Honda Accord was stolen from the 2100 block of Redondo Beach Boulevard.

Torrance

No crime information was reported for this time period.

Information in our weekly police beat comes from crime logs from Gardena and El Camino College police departments. Crime information for Torrance comes from the police department’s crime map.