Is social networking becoming too invasive? Yes

nsidious dangers to personal privacy ever created.

Now that might sound like a gross exaggeration, but the truth is that Facebook shares user information with the whole world and not just what they enter voluntarily.

Age, gender, marriage status and interests are just some of the information many people have no problem sharing with the world. The problem is that even visiting Facebook gives away far more than just those details.

According to a USA Today article, Facebook actually creates a running log of web pages visited by its more than 800 million users for the last 90 days.

Even more frightening, this log isn’t limited to just Facebook users, but in fact anyone who even visits a Facebook profile.

This is, of course, a major breach of privacy that many users are unaware of, but it’s not the only one.

People may think that Facebook’s feature of automatically tagging people in photos with their names is a handy feature. What many don’t stop to consider is how this is possible; facial recognition software.

This technology that once seemed the sole province of spy films and police dramas is now integrated into Facebook, and frighteningly enough, it’s even available to the general public.

Police have always been able to access your information with ease, but now any number of key logging or code breaking software can allow a dedicated hacker past you or your friend’s privacy settings.

The fact is, anyone using Facebook is effectively sharing themselves with the whole world, even the parts they want nothing to do with, and the only way to be safe is to abstain.