Saying goodbye is never easy

As legendary R&B group Boyz II Men once sang, “It’s so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.”

The popular ’90s crooners were correct; it is hard to say goodbye.

Saying goodbye to friends and loved ones is one of the hardest things to do in the world.

I am stuck in this predicament now as I prepare to leave the Union.

I am facing the unenviable task of saying goodbye to the good friends I’ve made here and to the job on the paper that I have loved so much.

The “Union” newspaper has been my second one for the last two years.

Beginning as an assistant sports editor in the Spring 2006 semester, I worked my way up to Sports Editor and eventually to the Editor-in-Chief position I proudly hold now.

Along the way I’ve met many people who will be my life-long friends and have received guidance that will last me a lifetime.

But alas, all good things must come to an end.

I’ve served my duty to this newspaper and it is time to move on to bigger and hopefully, better things, for both the “Union” and myself.

I have an internship at the Daily Breeze and want to continue with that and hopefully move onto a four-year school and join it’s newspaper staff.

Next semester the publication will be moving to a new newsroom in the new Humanities Building and will be online as well.

So, as I sit here looking over my transcripts, revisiting some of the classes and memories of my time at EC, I finally realize that it’s time to move o. wait a minute, not enough units?

WHAT THE HELL?!

Crap, looks like I should have read this thing closer. It looks like I’m coming back next semester.

Forget everything I said above and go back and read it at the end of the spring semester.

So, um, good job Union staff. Let’s do it again next semester!