Filed under News, Top Stories

Student ambassadors available for questions all week

Ambassadors Anam Khan and Jenebrith Pastran chat while waiting for a student to approach them with a question. Photo credit: Faith Petrie

Students seeking assistance navigating El Camino College’s campus can find help in the form of student ambassadors and blue, “Ask Me” buttons.

Throughout the first week of classes, students can approach EC student ambassadors sitting underneath blue tents and ask them anything, student ambassador Charlotte Vo, 19, international studies major, said.

“It’s great to help students,” Vo said. She said helping students can initially be daunting but, in the end, is a gratifying job to take on.

“I feel like it’s a lot of pressure sometimes to be the first face (that student’s see),” Vo said. “But it’s something I’m really proud to do.”

Student ambassador Anam Khan, 19, international relations major, also felt that assisting new students was a rewarding responsibility.

“I think it’s a very big campus so a lot of students get confused (on their first days),” Khan said. “It’s nice to be a part of helping them.”

Anam helping student

Student ambassador Anam Khan, 19, assists a student with a question at a "Ask Me" tent on the Library Lawn. Photo credit: Faith Petrie

Student ambassadors will be available to answer questions on campus until Friday, Feb. 16.

About the Writer
Faith Petrie, Opinion, Arts, Social Media, and Managing Editor

Faith Petrie is a second semester, Journalism major at El Camino College. This is her second semester on The Union newspaper. She enjoys listening to a...