President’s final board meeting

President Tom Fallo was presented a resolution of thanks at the Board of Trustees meeting on Wednesday.

With Fallo’s retirement being effective on Feb. 1, senate-co presidents, Chris Jeffries and Claudia Striepe began with the honors, preceded by the El Camino Compton Center honors on the first day of school.

“We’re all very respectful of him and his work that he’s done for EC,” Jeffries said. “He is going to be missed but it’s always exciting when you’re taking on a new journey.”

Fallo is a former EC alumni who has been president of the college for the past 25 years.

“I think it’s inspirational for the students to know that he started as a student here at EC and that he reached such great heights,” Striepe said. “I mean how many people get to become presidents of the college. Just a handful.”

There will be an event celebrating the service the president has given to the EC community on Tuesday from 11:30 – 2 p.m. in the Alondra Room.

Also discussed at the meeting, Ken Brown, president of the board of trustees, mentioned that he is “interested” in building a relationship with the Los Angeles Rams and San Diego Chargers since the Inglewood stadium will be near the campus.

Because Murdock Stadium is expected to be finished sometime this year, he would like to offer it as a practice site for the incoming L.A. football team.

The next board of trustees meeting will be Feb. 17 at 4 p.m. in the Administration building.