Baseball team sweeps L.A. Harbor series

The Warriors baseball team opened the game up hot against L.A. Harbor with one run scored in the first and third inning, and three runs in the second that gave them an early 5-1 lead.

El Camino hosted the L.A. Harbor Seahawks on Saturday for the final game in a three-game series and defeated them 6-4, according to CCCAA Stats.

Amidst the five runs in three innings, EC conceded one run in the top of the second inning to the Seahawks. Then, after a few scoreless innings the Seahawks found a little groove and earned three runs in the sixth and seventh innings making it 5-4 for the home side.

The Seahawks’ attempt at a comeback was shutdown as the Warriors earned the final run of the game in the bottom of the seventh inning that sealed their 6-4 victory.

The hitting was solid throughout the day for both teams. L.A. Harbor recorded 11 hits, while the Warriors recorded 15.

Sophomore catcher Joey Notch had a perfect four of four at-bats and freshman third baseman Ricardo Serrano earned three hits from his four at-bats.

The Warriors’ record improved to 20-10, and their conference record was finally on the winning side at 8-7. They can continue their six-game win streak when they travel to Cerritos College on Tuesday, April 14.