Baseball team edges L.A. Harbor, 10-9

After four scoreless innings, the Warriors baseball team finally opened the game up hot in the top of the fifth inning when they scored four runs against L.A. Harbor to give them an early 4-0 lead.

EC traveled to L.A. Harbor Thursday to play the second of a three-game series against the Seahawks, defeating them in a close battle 10-9, and extending their win streak to five games, according to CCCAA Stats.

The Warriors saw a bout of defensive problems as they conceded three runs in the bottom of the fifth inning to bring the score close at 4-3. The Seahawks earned five runs in the bottom of the seventh inning that gave them a late 8-4 lead in the game.

The game was far from over, however, as EC earned four runs in the top of the eighth inning to tie the game back up. They then earned two more runs in the top of the ninth inning to give the Warriors a late 10-8 lead.

It almost seemed that the Seahawks would make a late comeback in the bottom of the ninth as they earned a run, but the Warriors would quickly shut it down to give them the victory.

The game was a close one in all aspects outside of score. Both teams not only had a good day at the plate, the Warriors recording 13 hits, while the Seahawks had 15 hits, but both teams also forced the other into four errors.

The Warriors’ record now improves to 19-10, and their conference record has finally reached .500 at 7-7. They host L.A. Harbor in the final game of the series Saturday, April 11.