Baseball team loses final LBCC game

The Warriors’ baseball team traveled to Long Beach on Saturday to play the final match of the three-game series against the LBCC Vikings, losing 7-2.

The Warriors had a rough game early on against the Vikings, giving up one run in the bottom of the first inning and three runs in the bottom of the fourth inning. This gave the Vikings an early 4-0 lead.

The Warriors finally scored against the Vikings in the top of the fifth inning when sophomore left fielder Alex Turner hit a single that brought in sophomore center fielder Joseph Cortez and freshman third baseman Tyler Martizia for the score. The Vikings still led 4-2.

The Warriors then gave up one more run in the bottom of the sixth inning and two in the bottom of the eighth inning, that gave the Vikings the 7-2 lead to win the game.

The Warriors’ hitting was strong against Long Beach as they recorded eight hits against Vikings pitcher Schuyler Hill. The biggest hitter on the day for the Warriors was sophomore Alex Turner, who recorded three hits out of four at bat.

EC’s losing streak extends to three games, and their record drops to 9-7. The Warriors’ travel to El Camino-Compton Center Tuesday March 10 in the first of a three-game series.