Warriors baseball loses close game

The baseball team traveled to Long Beach (LBCC) on Tuesday March 3 and lost 5-4 to the Vikings in a close encounter, according to CCCAA.

The Warriors opened the game up with an early run in the top of the first inning, when sophomore catcher Joey Notch reached first on an error, which brought in freshman right fielder Jonathan Pasillas for the score.

The Warriors showed strength in the top of the third inning, as they earned two runs when freshman first baseman Jake Sahagian hit a triple which brought in freshman Pasillas for the score.

The very next play earned the Warriors their next run. Sophomore Joey Notch hit a single that brought in Sahagian for the 3-0 lead.

The Warriors had a rough fifth inning when sophomore pitcher Dalton Erb gave up two hits, four walks, and two errors against the Vikings, which led to three LBCC runs scored.

The Warriors brought in sophomore pitcher Josh Norwood, who gave up two walks and two more runs in the bottom of the fifth inning. He was able to close the inning and kept the Vikings scoreless for the rest of the game.

After two more scoreless innings, the Warriors scored once more when sophomore catcher Joey Notch hit a double that brought in freshman outfielder Pasillas for the score.

The Warriors’ record dropped to 9-5, and they will host Long Beach at home Thursday March 5.