Baseball team defeats LA Mission 3-1

The Warriors baseball team traveled to Sylmar Saturday to play against LA Mission, defeating the team 3-1.

The Warriors scored very early on in the game when freshman second baseman Darrian Sylvester hit a home run to gain an early 1-0 lead in the first inning.

After a couple slow innings, LA Mission were able to get a couple hits and a walk in the bottom of the third inning, leading to a sacrifice fly to centerfield to tie the game up.

It didn’t take long for the Warriors to respond, as they earned a run off of a wild pitch at the plate that sophomore catcher Joey Notch took advantage of, giving his team a 2-1 lead in the top of the fourth.

The Warriors would get one final run in the top of the fifth inning after sophomore short stop Fred Smith was walked, stole second, and then scored off of an error made by the LA Mission third baseman, Joseph Guerrero, giving the Warriors a 3-1 lead that would be the final score after a bottom of the fifth that had to be cut short due to rain.

The Warriors have now improved their record to 3-2, being tied for third place in their division with Mt. San Antonio and Pasadena colleges. The Warriors will hit the road again for their next two games at San Bernadino on Feb. 10 and Feb. 12.