Filed under Arts, On the Scene

The Pennington Dance Group performs ‘Ungoverned Spaces’ at Marsee Auditorium

John Pennington and Li Rothermich from the Pennington Dance Group perform

John Pennington and Li Rothermich from the Pennington Dance Group perform "The Beloved" at Marsee Auditorium on Saturday, Oct. 6, 2018. (Jack Kan/Union) Photo credit: Jack Kan

The Pennington Dance Group is a southern California based modern dance company which has an eighteen year history of dance performance, education, and outreach.

#2 ND5_2988.JPG

The Pennington Dance Group performs "Out of" at Marsee Auditorium on Saturday, Oct. 6, 2018. (Jack Kan/Union) Photo credit: Jack Kan

The Pennington Dance Group also aims to perform works which contain “social, emotional, political, abstract, and scientific themes that appeal to a wide audience”.

#3 ND5_2870.JPG

Li Rothermich from the Pennington Dance Group performs in the premiere of "Ungoverned Spaces" at Marsee Auditorium on Saturday, Oct. 6, 2018. (Jack Kan/Union) Photo credit: Jack Kan

The PDG has presented these works nationally and internationally.

#4 ND5_2965.JPG

On Monday, Oct. 8, John Pennington and ten other dancers performed audience favorites such as the award-winning “Company of Orbs”, “The Beloved”, “Out of”, and the premiere of “Ungoverned Spaces” at Marsee Auditorium in front of a knowledgeable and appreciative audience.

#6 ND5_2910.JPG

Heidi Brewer and Danae McWatt of the Pennington Dance Group perform in the premiere of "Ungoverned Spaces" at Marsee Auditorium on Saturday, Oct. 6, 2018. (Jack Kan/Union) Photo credit: Jack Kan

#7 ND5_2982.JPG

#8 ND5_2963.JPG

#9 ND5_2956.JPG

The Pennington Dance Group performs the premiere of "Ungoverned Spaces" at Marsee Auditorium on Saturday, Oct. 6, 2018. (Jack Kan/Union) Photo credit: Jack Kan

John Pennington is the artistic director of the PDG.

He is an Associate professor of dance at Pomona College and the Director of the Dance Program.

He previously spent fourteen years as a performer and teacher with the Bella Lewitzky Dance Company, and he is an acclaimed recipient of many grants, honors, and awards.

For a complete listing of other upcoming ECC Center for the Arts events, or to purchase tickets, please visit www.centerforthearts.org , or call (310) 329-5345 or toll-free 800-832-ARTS