Women’s volleyball extends win streak to four

The El Camino women’s volleyball team finished strong at the Long Beach tournament with three victories in three matches on Saturday, according to the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) website.

The Warriors looked to continue the dominance shown by the team last season when they ended the season 24-3, only to lose in the regional championships to the eventual champion, Irvine Valley College.

After the win over Santa Monica this past Wednesday, the team traveled to Long Beach and swept both Allan Hancock College (3-0) in the first match and San Diego Mesa College (3-0) in the second match, according to the CCCAA website.

The final game of the day for the women’s volleyball team was against Chaffey College.

The team finally dropped a set on the day, but ultimately beat Chaffey 3-1 (25-16, 25-12, 22-25, 25-13) in sets, according to the CCCAA website.

With the three wins at the Long Beach tournament, the Warriors improved to 5-1 on the season and are currently on a four-game win streak, with the only loss coming at the hands of the College of the Canyons Cougars.

“I felt super good after winning all three matches,” Brooke Russell, sophomore libero, said. “I was super proud of everyone.”

The Warriors will head to Cerritos for a tournament this Friday and Saturday and Russell feels confident going forward.

“We just have to keep working hard,” she said.