Police Beat Feb. 20-26

Feb. 22, 11:51 a.m. A female student said that her cell phone and wallet was stolen from inside her backpack. She left her backpack unattended in her class located in the Natural Sciences Building.

Feb. 23, 8:37 a.m. A male student was refusing to leave the Common Grounds Cafe. Workers at the cafe said that the student wanted to use his debit card to purchase some items but the amount the items cost did not meet the minimum purchase policy. The student was escorted off campus and referred to the Director of Student Development.

Feb. 23, 2:59 p.m. A female student was experiencing a panic attack. Paramedics were notified and arrived on the scene. She was transported to Gardena Memorial Hospital.

Feb. 24, 8:23 a.m. A female student was sitting in her class when she began feeling dizzy and fainted. Paramedics were notified and arrived on scene. She was transferred to Gardena Memorial Hospital.

Feb. 24, 11:35 a.m. A female student dislocated her left knee while performing a dance move. She was transferred to Torrance Memorial Hospital.

Feb. 25, 1:53 p.m. An officer responded to the CAT Building lobby about a female student experiencing an allergic reaction to medication prescribed by her doctor. She was transferred by ambulance to Gardena Memorial Hospital.

Feb. 25, 5 p.m. A female student said that someone collided into her vehicle which was parked on the first level of Lot H. Someone left a note on the vehicle with a name and phone number of the person who collided into her vehicle. The case has been forwarded to a detective for a follow up investigation because the number on the note was fictitious.

Feb. 26, 8:31 a.m. An officer conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for expired registration on the 3800 block of Manhattan Beach Boulevard. The driver, a male non-student, did not have a driver’s license. The officer issued him a citation for the indicated violation and released him in the field.

Feb. 26, 11:11 a.m. Officers responded to the Men’s Locker Room regarding a suspicious male subject vandalizing some items in the men’s restroom. Officers located the subject near Lot B. The non-student was in possession of a stun gun and a bottle of vodka. He was arrested and charged with possessing a weapon on school grounds, being drunk in public, possession of an open alcohol container and vandalism.

Feb. 26, 5:52 p.m. Officers observed a suspicious male subject standing near the ATM at the Student Services Center. Officers contacted the subject at the location and detained him pending further investigation. The subject, a student, would not speak to the officers or answer any of their questions. During the detention of the subject, his father called his cell phone. One of the officers answered and spoke to the father. The subject’s father told the officer that his son has been acting strangely lately and that he would appreciate it if the officers call the ambulance and have him transported to a hospital so that his son may get some psychiatric help. He was transferred to Harbor General Hospital.