El Camino men’s soccer team earns draw versus El Camino Compton-Center

El Camino players Marcos Ambriz and Misael Serrano gaining control of the ball during Tuesday Sept. 27, game against Compton-Center at El Camino. Photo credit: Jackie Romano

With just 12 minutes left in the game, El Camino-Compton Center mid-fielder, Odoom Baisie-Mensa stole the game from the Warriors with a solo shot on a counter attack.

Despite a 1-0 lead by the Warriors men’s soccer team in the first half, the Tartars late goal led to a 1-1 draw on Tuesday.

Men's Soccer
Jose Contreras No. 3, taking the pass, and running the ball up the field during Tuesday Sept. 27, game against Compton-Center at El Camino. Photo credit: Jackie Romano

Team captain Andy Marin said the game came down to a defensive error,

“We gave away a very easy goal, but I believe we have improved on the way we posses the ball.” Marin said. ” We have room to improve and we can win games as long as we work on avoiding little mistakes that can hurt us in the long run.”

The Warriors have yet to win a game this season. The main reason is not being able to finish the game strong.

Warriors head coach John Britton said the team got a little tired on Tuesday.

“We put tremendous effort and one of our players fatigue,” Britton said. It caused him to make an unforced error allowing Compton to score.”

Men's Soccer
Andy Marin No. 5, gaining control of the ball during Tuesday Sept. 27, game against Compton-Center at Murdock Stadium. Photo credit: Jackie Romano

A total of seven yellow cards were handed out through out the game. The Warriors received three and the rest were given to the Tartars.

Warriors forward Jose Alcala thinks the team is not mentally prepared to play 90 minutes.

“That is something that should be worked on during practice. Alcala said. “I’m expecting from this team to finish strong until the last whistle.”