Up next for women’s volleyball team: On the road against the L.A. Harbor College Seahawks on Friday

Sophomore opposite Taylor Brydon can’t get a ball to go up after diving on the play. The team laughs it off, leading big in the fourth set. The Warriors would go on to reverse sweep the Cerritos College Falcons. Photo credit: Jo Rankin

The women’s volleyball team (9-3 overall, 1-0 in conference) were almost put down by conference-rival Cerritos College last Friday, but escaped with a win after a dominating fourth and fifth set.

This Friday, the team takes on the L.A. Harbor College Seahawks (2-11, 0-1), who are currently second-to-last place in the South Coast Conference – South.

Although Harbor tends to be on the weaker side of California teams, El Camino head coach Le Valley Pattison isn’t thinking about the past; and she intends to come out in full force against the Seahawks.

“Some of our girls know girls on (Harbor’s) team,” Pattison said. “So I would hope (our team) has some pride in what they do and play (well).”

When: Friday at 6 p.m.

Where: L.A. Harbor College

Admission: Free

Photos from previous matches:

AP0A1321 copy.jpg

7.jpg

12.jpg