Win-streak ends for women’s soccer at Long Beach City

The Warriors’ women’s soccer’s two-game win streak came to an end after losing 2-1 at Long Beach City College on Tuesday, Coach John Britton said.

Neither team was able to score in the first half. Long Beach finished with eight shots on target, while the Warriors only had four, Coach Britton said..

In the second half, offense heated up for LBCC with a goal at the 58-minute mark by Miranda Kaekul followed by Janessa Martinez, who scored eight minutes later, giving their team a 2-0 lead.

“Due to injuries, we weren’t able to play our game like we always do. Miranda Ramirez played five positions through out the entire game,” sophomore co-team captain Rylie Cole said.

Long Beach dominated offensively throughout the whole game with eight corner kicks and the Warriors had zero.

Freshman forward Kelsey Orseth was able to score at the 80-minute mark to put the Warriors on the scoreboard with a pass from freshman midfielder Sarina Ferlazzo.

“I have faith and hope in this team coming into Friday’s game after losing to Long Beach,” sophomore co-captain Ashley Mercado said.

“Last year East Los Angeles College was tough, but this year we have a better chance of taking the win,” third sophomore co-captain Rocio Najera said.

The next game for the Warriors is at home against East Los Angeles College on Friday. Match begins at 4 p.m.