Police Beat 10/16-24

Sunday, Oct 16 at 1:38 a.m. A male with a glass smoking pipe in his possession was stopped by an ECC Police Officer on the 3100-block of Manhattan Beach Boulevard. The man was initially stopped for not having the required lighting equipment on his vehicle. He was issued a citation for possession of drug paraphernalia and was released.

Monday, Oct. 17 at 1:40 p.m. A male contract worker reported that his Thread Die machine was stolen and last seen Thursday last week at the Murdock Stadium construction site. There were no signs of forced entry at the location.

Monday, Oct. 17 at 2:19 p.m. A male student said he was robbed at gunpoint in Lot B by a male suspect. The victim told ECC Police that the suspect approached him while he was sitting down at a table near the MBB Modules. The victim said the suspect took his property and fled from the scene on foot near El Camino Village. The case is still under investigation.

Monday, Oct. 17 at 3:28 p.m. A former part-time employee was allegedly selling stolen goods on campus. The former employee was previously involved in a relationship with the woman who reported the crime, which officers responded to at the ITEC division office. The case is still under investigation.

Tuesday, Oct. 18 at 11:18 a.m. A male student felt suicidal and wanted to harm himself. The incident happened in the MBAH building in Room 218 and he was taken into protective custody. He will be held under a 72 hour psychological examination.

Wednesday, Oct. 19 at 8:22 a.m. A male Facilities employee was experiencing chest pains in the Facilities yard. Paramedics were immediately notified and were able to arrive to the scene. A copy of this report was given to the Office of Safety and Health.

Thursday, Oct. 20 at 11:30 p.m. Two non-student male suspects were seen loitering in front of a business across the street from ECC campus. The Officers approached the suspects and detain them before ongoing further investigation. The Officers then found a glass smoking pipe which is commonly use for smoking methamphetamine in the possession of on suspect. The officers issued his a citation for possession of drug paraphernalia. They were both later released.

Friday, Oct. 21 at 9:30 a.m. A suspended student was causing a disturbance in a classroom on the third floor of the Art building. He was said to have handcuffed himself to a table and was ripping posters off the walls. He was transported to a hospital for a 72 hour psychological evaluation.

Friday, Oct. 21 at 4:03 p.m. A female employee reported to have fallen while walking in Lot L the day before. She told officials he slipped on some raised asphalt and injured her face, knees, and hands. A copy of the report was forward to the Office of Safety and Health.