Police Beat 9/26 – 10/4

Monday, Sept. 26 at 12:46 p.m. A five-month pregnant female student was transported to a local hospital after feeling dizzy and faint. Officers and paramedics responded to the medical aid call in the Music Building Room 133, with the instructor present at the time of the incident.

Monday, Sept. 26 at 12:49 p.m. A female student experienced a seizure in the Common Grounds area. ECPD and paramedics responded to the medical aid call and found the student conscious and uninjured on the ground, and though an ambulance was called for, the student declined transport to a local hospital.

Tuesday, Sept. 27 at 1:34 p.m. A female student filed a suspicious person report to ECPD after being approached on two occasions by a male subject that asked her out on a date. The female student doesn’t feel threatened or frightened by the male subject, but considers him a pest and wants him to leave her alone. The officer advised the student of the shuttle service and emergency poles located around campus.

Tuesday, Sept. 27 at 6:52 p.m. A male non-student was detained by ECPD after officers discovered he had a $100,000 warrant issued out of Downey PD for battery on school grounds. The male was illegally removing recyclables from behind a secure gate on the west side of Common Grounds when officers detained him; he subject was transported to Torrance PD for booking.