Police Beat 9/19 – 24

Monday, Sept. 19 5:04 p.m. A male driver was issued a citation for a $15,000 outstanding warrant during a routine traffic stop. The driver, a male non-student, was pulled over after making an illegal right turn, upon which officers discovered when running his information that he had a $15,000 warrant out of the West Covina Courthouse for a municipal code violation. The driver was written a citation and released.

Thursday, Sept. 22 7:08 a.m. A disheveled man was detained by ECPD after walking in front of traffic on Manhattan Beach Boulevard and Crenshaw Boulevard. The man was not wearing any shoes and would not answer any questions the officers asked and would mumble incoherently. The man was taken into custody after officers believed that he was a danger to himself, and the man was transported to a local hospital for a 72-hour psychological evaluation.

Friday, Sept. 23 at 11:56 a.m. A female student was transported by paramedics to a local hospital from the ITECH Building after experiencing pains in her back and left arm. The student, who’s instructor was present at the time of the incident, could not answer any of the responding officer’s questions.

Saturday, Sept. 24 at 2:05 p.m. A male student reported his bicycle stolen to the ECPD. The student’s bicycle was parked at the bicycle racks located near the MBA Building, and the case will be forwarded to a detective for a follow-up investigation.