Police Beat 9/12 – 9/17

Monday, Sept. 12 at 10:04 a.m. A male student sustained an abrasion to his forehead and right eye after falling and hitting his face on the ground at the Common Grounds Deli. The student told the responding officer he had been drinking a lot of alcoholic beverages prior to arriving to school. The student was transported by ambulance to a local hospital and has been referred to the Director of Student Development.

Monday, Sept. 12 at 2:46 p.m. After slipping and falling in the women’s locker room shower, an elderly female student reported the Health Center with an injured left hip. Paramedics were notified and transported the student to a local hospital.

Monday, Sept. 12 at 3:52 p.m. Officers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for making an illegal U-turn on the 3200 block of Manhattan Beach Boulevard. Upon receiving the driver, a male non-student’s, information, officers discovered the driver had a $20,000 warrant issued out of Compton Court for failing to register as a sex offender. The officer issued the driver a citation for the warrant and released him in the field.

Tuesday, Sept. 13 at 6:15 p.m. Officers responded to a battery report in the PD lobby regarding a physical altercation between two students that occurred in the Library’s Learning Resource Center. The female student said she and another student were involved in a verbal dispute that escalated into a physical altercation in which the victim, who works in the LRC, was struck on her forehead by the palm of the suspect. The victim reported the incident to her supervisor, but is not pressing charges for the battery. The suspect will be referred to the Director of Student Development.

Wednesday, Sept. 14 at 8:26 a.m. Officers and paramedics responded to a medical aid call in which a male student reported experiencing extreme abdominal pain. The student was transported by ambulance to a local hospital.

Wednesday, Sept. 14 at 12:24 p.m. While conducting a traffic stop on a male subject riding his bicycle on the inner campus, an ECPD officer discovered the male non-student had a $70,000 warrant issued out of Gardena PD for domestic violence. The officer arrested the subject for the warrant and transported him to Torrance PD for booking.

Friday, Sept. 16 at 9:06 a.m. An ECPD officer conducted a traffic sop on a vehicle whose license plate came back with a $30,000 traffic warrant issued out of the LA Courthouse. The officer issued the driver, a female non-student, a citation for the warrant and released her in the field.

Friday, Sept. 16 at 9:28 a.m. A male student reported that his bicycle was stolen from the bicycle racks located north of the Humanities Building.

Saturday, Sept. 16 at 9:22 p.m. During a traffic stop on a vehicle for an equipment violation, an ECPD officer discovered that the driver, a male non-student, was in possession of a small amount of methamphetamine. The driver was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and transported to Torrance PD for booking.