Police Beat July 3 – July 9

July 3, 10:09 p.m. Officers were driving in the 15700 block of Crenshaw Boulevard, when they observed a white pick-up truck traveling at a high rate of speed going southbound on Crenshaw. According to the report, officers attempted to stop the vehicle. The white pick-up truck did not pulled over when officers activated their emergency lights and siren. The driver continued driving at high rates of speed and driving recklessly. The officers stopped pursuing the vehicle since it created a hazard for other drivers on the roadway. Officers notified dispatch that the vehicle was entering Redondo Beach on westbound 190th St. Redondo Beach police officers found the vehicle and attempted to pull over the vehicle in their city. The vehicle did not stop for the Redondo Beach officers. Redondo Beach Police pursued the vehicle until it crashed at the Redondo Beach Pier. Officers took the driver into custody and arrested the driver for DUI, reckless driving and assault with a deadly weapon because the driver intentionally crashed into a police car. It is unknown if the driver is an El Camino student. A report was taken.

July 4, 3:06 p.m. According to the report, an officer stopped a woman on a bicycle in the inner campus. The woman who is not a student was in possession of an open container of vodka. The officer issued her a citation for having an open container. A report was taken.

July 9, 3:05 p.m. An officer stopped a vehicle with a broken tail light in the 16100 block of Crenshaw Boulevard. According to the report, the driver, a female non-student had a $30,000 traffic warrant from the Los Angeles Police Department, for being an unlicensed driver. The officer issued the woman a citation for her warrant. A report was taken.

July 9, 9:04 p.m. According to the report, an officer responded to the soccer field for a medical aid call. A male student said that he was running along the concrete sidewalk on the north side of the field, and fell after striking his left knee on a metal pole attached to a chain link fence. Paramedics were already on scene treating the student prior the officers arrival. The student was transported to an area hospital. A report was taken.