Police Beat May 1-May 9

May 1, 11:23 a.m. An officer conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for an equipment violation in Lot A. According to the report, the driver, who was not a student, had a suspended license. The driver was issued a citation for the suspended license and the passenger, who had a valid license was told to drive.

May 1, 2:24 p.m. According to the report, an officer conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle because the license plate returned to a warrant. The driver, who was not a student, had a $500 warrant issued out of Redondo Beach PD for possession of marijuana. The officer issued him a citation for the warrant and he was released.

May 2, 2:43 p.m. According to the report, an officer observed two males running away from a parked vehicle in Lot L. The officer ran the license plate of the vehicle to find it had been stolen from the city of Carson. There were three people sitting inside the vehicle and the officer requested backup so he could remove them safely. After the people were removed from the vehicle the driver, who was not a student, was arrested for grand theft auto. The passengers, who were not students, were released and the vehicle was towed.

May 2, 9:15 p.m. Officers conducted a traffic stop on a bicyclist for riding a bike on the sidewalk and for not having a headlight on during the night. The man, who was not a student, was on parole for a narcotic violation and was also in possession of a small amount of methamphetamine. He was arrested and transported to Torrance PD for booking.

May 4, 4 p.m. An officer responded to the Natural Sciences regarding a medical aid call. According to the report, a female student was lying on the ground because she was feeling weak. She refused to be transported to a hospital but felt better after a friend gave her some juice to drink.

Mat 5, 2 p.m. An officer responded to the police lobby regarding a male subject with a warrant. The subject, who was not a student, said he missed his court date for a previous citation issued by ECPD. As a result of missing his court date the subject he now has a $50,000 warrant. The officer issued him a new citation to take care of his warrant.

May 7, 10:04 a.m. An officer responded to the Music Building for a medical aid call. According to the report, a female student was walking down the stairs to her class in the basement when she twisted her ankle and fell to the ground. Paramedics were called and she was transported to a local hospital.

The following calls were made to the El Camino Police Department from May 7-May 11. The calls can be found in the ECPD crime log; the crime log is something all students have access to.

May 7, 1:21 p.m. There was a disturbance call from the North Gym

May 7, 1:42 p.m. Narcotics call in the Student Activities Center

May 7, 11:28 p.m. Suspicious vehicle call in Lot F

May 8, 2:14 p.m. Narcotics call in Lot L

May 8, 2:26 p.m. Suspicious vehicle call in Lot H

May 9, 7:41 a.m. Suspicious persons call in the Technical Arts Building

May 9, 9:24 a.m. Burglary alarm in library

May 9, 10:24 p.m. Suspicious vehicle in Lot B

May 9, 11:13 p.m. Suspicious vehicle Lot H

May 10, 8:51 a.m. Suspicious vehicle call in Lot H

May 10, 8:52 a.m. Suspicious vehicle call in Lot H

May 11, 5:35 p.m. Disturbance call in library

May 11, 5:46 p.m. Disturbance call in library

May 11, 6:41 p.m. Hit-and-run report in Lot C

For more crime on campus check out the previous Police Beat and the crime map.