Police Beat Feb. 17 – Feb. 20

Feb. 17, 12:26 p.m. Officers responded to the police lobby regarding a hit-and-run collision report. A car crashed into the passenger side of a female student’s car in Lot L and fled the scene. The victim’s vehicle sustained moderate damage.

Feb. 17, 12:56 p.m. Officers responded to the police lobby regarding a hit-and-run collision report. A student’s car was hit on the second level of Lot H. The vehicle sustained moderate damage to the rear bumper.

Feb. 18, 10 a.m. Officers responded to a medical aid call at the benches on the west side of the Art Building where a female student had a seizure. Paramedics were called and the student was conscious but had difficulty communicating with paramedics. The student was transferred to the local hospital for further treatment.

Feb. 18, 12:12 p.m. Officers conducted a traffic stop for an unidentified equipment violation on a vehicle in Lot K. Officers discovered that the male student was driving with a suspended license. He was cited and then released.

Feb. 18, 1:45 p.m. Officers observed a man walking west bound from the Student Service Center, yelling at students that he was a member of the “Bloods street gang.” Officers detained the non-student male. The subject had mental health issues but did not meet the criteria for a 72-hour psychological evaluation. He was issued a trespassing notice and escorted off campus.

Feb. 19, 11:56 a.m. Officers responded to a reckless driving call on 154th Street and Western Avenue. Officers followed the driver who was running through red lights and cutting off vehicles. The driver was pulled over and admitted to driving recklessly because he needed to use the restroom. He was issued a citation and released on the scene.

Feb. 19, 5:50 p.m. Officers responded to Lot K to assist a cadet who was conducting a routine placard check. A driver, who was not a student, had a $5,000 warrant issued by LAX PD for driving with a suspended license. The male was issued a citation for the warrant and then released on scene.

Feb. 20, 12:18 a.m. Officers responded to Lot L for a disturbance call. A male and female, who were not students, were yelling at each other. Both of the subjects were detained and officers located a replica .9 mm hand gun inside the inner console of the vehicle. The gun was then identified as a pellet gun. Officers also located a small amount of marijuana and identification documents that belonged to another person. The subjects were issued a citation for disturbing the peace. The identification documents and the replica hand gun were confiscated and booked into evidence for safe keeping.

Feb. 20, 12:30 p.m. Officers responded to the police lobby regarding a stolen vehicle report. A male student reported that his Chevrolet pick-up truck was stolen from the upper level of Lot F.

Feb. 20, 11 p.m. Officers observed a male, who was not a student, subject walking in the middle of the road on the north side of the facilities yard. Officers located a small amount of cocaine and methamphetamine inside the subjects wallet. The male was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and was then transferred to the Torrance Police Department.