Police beat, May 14-17

By Nicholette Raecke, Online Staff Writer

May 17, 10:50 a.m. Officers responded to the station regarding a theft, reported by a male student in Parking Lot L at 7:15 a.m. The student said that when he returned to his unlocked car at 9:45 a.m. that his stepfathers’ laptop was missing.

May 15, 9 a.m. A skateboard enforcement officer confronted a male student riding on campus. He was found to have outstanding warrants totaling $6,000. He was cited and released.

May 14, 12:40 a.m. Officers responded to the basement floor of the library (LMP), regarding a theft report. A female student was using the printing machine when she noticed her wallet had been stolen from her purse when she looked away while printing.

May 14, 11:40 a.m. Officers responded to a call requesting medical aid in the Math, Computer and Science Building. Paramedics proceeded to the second floor to treat a male student who had a seizure in the classroom. Once examined the student refused to be transported to a hospital stating he would seek additional assistance on his own.

May 14, 9:30 a.m. Officers detained a male student for riding his bike in the inner campus. The student was found to have been issued a warrant for failure to appear in court. He was released after signing his citation.