Campus Viewpoints: Do students agree with administration spending $8 million on a facility that will only benefit a few hundred students

CV $8milli (3 of 3).jpg
Matthew Eldon, 27, computer science major, in general community colleges has always been great with opportunities in vocational programs and it's state funded which i like but at the same time i would like to see how much was spent and whether they at to cut other programs for this to happen.

Matthew Eldon, 27, computer science major,

“in general community colleges has always been great with opportunities in vocational programs and it’s state funded which i like but at the same time i would like to see how much was spent and whether they at to cut other programs for this to happen.”

CV $8milli (1 of 3).jpg

Cathy Tran, 19, bio-chem major,

“I’m in support of anything that betters our community by creating more jobs for people. It seems like something that creates a safer environment is a good investment.”

CV $8milli (2 of 3).jpg
Annas Sultan, 20, computer science major, feels $8 million is unnecessary spending on facilities that in a functional state and that the money should go to other newer facilities for a larger portion of students. "The campus itself already as issues the deal with apart from a the parking structures, money that should go to other departments that will help a great amount of students."

Annas Sultan, 20, computer science major,

“The campus itself already as issues the deal with apart from a the parking structures, money that should go to other departments that will help a great amount of students.”

DSC02732.JPG
Alyssa Lagunas, 19, liberal studies major

“I think it’s for a good cause but I also think they should use the money for something else, like maybe making the books cheaper for us and helping ( those students) who can’t get financial aid.”

DSC02738.JPG

Francisco Valdez, 18, administration of justice major,

“I don’t see there been a use for it (a new training facility) right now (because) there is one facility already in Inglewood and maybe that $8 million goes to something more beneficial for everyone else.”