Faithful, faithful, faithful, faithful

“Bros before hoes.”

Such a phrase has been coined for the sole purpose of letting your friends know that they are more important than the woman, or significant other, in your life.

But there is no reason for a friend to let a friend do something that would hurt his reputation, let alone destroy it by posting a video.

The rift that formed between Los Angeles Lakers’ teammates after rookie guard D’Angelo Russell took a video of guard Nick Young confessing secrets about cheating on fiancée, Iggy Azalea, according to a New York Times article.

Unfortunately for Russell, the team chemistry just took a turn for the worse, considering the team is sitting at 16-60, according to ESPN.com, this is not what the Lakers need heading into the future.

Although there is no actual proof that Young cheated on Azalea, she took to Twitter to talk to fans about about the situation:

untitled.png

Props to Iggy, she won’t settle with a cheater.

The problem is that Russell is being given the cold shoulder for not “backing up his bro” as some would say, but in all honesty, Young shouldn’t have put himself in the situation of cheating.

It’s not cool to “kiss and tell,” and even if Young isn’t cheating on Azalea, there’s no need to put himself in the position to get caught.

So many times I’ve heard of men talking about cheating and yet they get pissed beyond belief when they get cheated on; they proceed to “slut-shame” their women, post videos of sex tapes or even revenge tapes.

The real thing that people need to focus on, is not that Russell “betrayed” his teammate, but that Young could be unfaithful.

There is no excuse, I don’t care if my girlfriend is Precious and Sophia Vergara wants to take me to bed; the cheating does not happen.

So rather than talk about “bros before hoes” consider this, what if Young never cheated? And even if he didn’t, what reason could he possibly have to put it out there?

He’s not a regular guy. He’s a celebrity on the Los Angeles Lakers, being a Laker comes with a big spotlight. He needs to be aware that he will always be under microscope and dirty secrets are going to find its way to the surface regardless.

Let’s get personal shall we? I have never cheated on any of the six women I’ve dated in my 22 years of age, and the three girlfriends that I’ve had have never had that happen to them.

It isn’t that difficult to not cheat.

Russell is in the wrong for even recording that video. But Young should not have been unfaithful in the first place.

Loyalty to your friends is important, but faithfulness to anyone important to you is bigger than anything else.