Editor’s Forum

I miss home, a place, a shelter that I can always go to when I am sad and confused. My dad, mom and sister are the only people whom I can totally trust with all my heart.

I moved to the United States a year ago from Macao Special Administrative Region (Macao SAR).

It is an island near to Hong Kong SAR and it is only 23 square kilometers.

Everything is so different now. Los Angeles is such a huge city and it was so hard to keep in touch with our friends, especially before I got a car.

This is the first time in 18 years that I am living without my parents.

I felt so lonely at first; sometimes I didn’t even know what to do but I was lucky to have three other friends who came to EC with me.

I thought we were really very good friends, until they stopped asking me to go out.

Before anyone of us got a car, the bus was our only form of transportation.

The problem is that the buses don’t run in my area on weekends, it was never easy for me to hang out with friends on the weekends.

Well, time goes by and our friendship kind of faded away, bit by bit, and I started to sense that something was going wrong between my friends and I.

I felt like I could not find someone who I can really trust anymore. To me, trust means telling them whatever I feel about anything and not having to worry about the conversation to be discussed in detail.

I’m going to move in with seven other friends by the end of this month, two days after we have all looked for houses.

During this time I found out from several different people, that I have a friend who is talking behind my back, stories that turned into rumors which have run on for a year.

One of the people is still a friend of mine, who is also close to her, so I believe that I could still trust him and this new information has left me devastated.

He didn’t try to convince me to not move in with her, but I have to think twice about staying in the same bedroom with her.

I was there for her when she was having problems with her old roommate and her roommate’s friends. We’ve been friends for one whole decade and I was just devastated because I have trusted this friend a lot.

I still want to be friends with her; I guess no one is perfect and we should learn to tolerate one another.

We can’t choose our family but we can choose our friends and I’ve decided to try keep this friend, but our situation will never be the same as before.

Trust is not one of the five senses, but when it’s not there you feel empty.

Trust is one of the foundations of all types of relationships. There is a basic level of trust between people, and it takes a lot of time to develop.

But it doesn’t take long to break it. Only a few misunderstandings and gossip can break the trust.

I think that if we start to feel like we are losing our trust in someone or vice versa, we should work our differences and hopefully still be friends.

I also believe in a quote “the truth always hurts; but only true friends will tell you it.”

So many times we have seen friendships falling apart because of that. I think that the quote above helps us to build and rebuild trust.