Newsline, April 3 – 22

Photographs showcase talent

The El Camino Photography Department is hosting their Annual Student Photography Exhibition from April 4 until April 30 in the library. There, beginning-level students through advanced-level photography students will showcase their work be it in color, film, black and white, portraits and more. The theme of the showcase is “Truth and Beauty”. For more information, call 310-660-3593 ext. 3326.

University tour helps students decide future

The Transfer/Career Center will be hosting a University of California, Santa Barbara tour on Saturday, April 11. To sign up, you must go to the Transfer Center where a $5 refundable deposit will be needed to reserve your space. If a cancellation is needed, contact the center at least a day in advance to receive your refund. Failure to do attend the tour will result in the the deposit being forfeited. For more information, call 310-660-3593 ext. 3408.

Goal will be achieved by students

The Special Resource Center will be hosting a workshop titled “Who Can Help Me Achieve My Goals?” on Thursday, April 9 at 2 p.m. in the Distance Education Center near the library. The workshop will be hosted by Tisa Casas and for more information, call 310-660-3295.

Awards presented for scholarship students

The EC Foundation will be hosting a scholarship awards ceremony on April 15 at noon in a tent in front of Marsee Auditorium to celebrate the students receiving scholarships from the college. This is the second of the two ceremonies with one being on April 16 inside Marsee Auditorium at 5 p.m. For more information on the events, call 310-660-3683.