Student threatens to shoot another student; ECPD makes arrest

A 19-year-old female student was arrested for allegedly threatening to shoot another student on Thursday, Nov. 10 at 7:50 a.m., according to the police beat.

The victim, a 39-year-old women and El Camino student, reported to the police officers the day after the incident occurred, according to police beat.

ECPD responded and went to the cosmetology class, where the accused student was at, in the ITECH building.

ECPD interviewed witnesses and the suspect, and following the questioning the suspect was arrested for criminal threats, according to police beat. The suspect was transported to Torrance PD for booking.

This is not the first time that someone has been threatened.

In fall 2014, 36-year-old James Lemus, a former El Camino student, threatened to “create a massacre on campus.”

He was in jail for almost one and a half years, before his case reached a conlusion.

The result: Lemus was sentenced to five years of formal probation.

The most recent incident occured when 28-year-old Dash Porter used Facebook Messenger to allegedly send 13 messages threatening to kill former English professor Cynthia Somin.

He was arrested after Somin reported finding the messages.

One of his messages said that he was coming to school and that his “(gun’s loaded).”

He is currently out on bail and his next court date is Nov. 28.

A Union reporter called Torrance PD for more information, but the officer on the phone said he would return the call at a later time.

When the officer called back, he told the reporter not to call TPD and to refer all questions to ECPD.

The officer hung up the phone before the reporter could get a contact name.

ECPD did get back to The Union by deadline.