Students react to ATM break in

El Camino students shared their thoughts about a robbery that occured on campus on Oct. 23, when a thief broke into one of the library’s ATM Machines.

Some of the students have used the ATM from the Schauerman Library in the past and they reacted to the robbery.

Justin Alexander, 19, criminal justice major, said that he went to withdraw money on Monday morning, however, he noticed that the police were removing the ATM from the library.

“I feel like even though it’s a bad thing (to steal the money), it’s probably a good thing for him because he kept some money,” Alexander said.

Irvin Rodriguez, 21, computer science major, is inconvenienced by the ATM being removed from the library.

“I think that this might affect us because I used that ATM all the time and its been a week since the thief took the money,” Rodriguez said. “We don’t have an ATM right there anymore.”

On the other hand, Kimberly Newman, 18, psychology major, said that the person who stole the money is a coward and should be found immediately.

Connie Miranda, 18, English major, didn’t know about the break in that happened on the library.

“I think it’s pretty ignorant that (the suspect) came to a college out of all places,” Miranda said. “This is the wrong place because the school and the police will find the thief.”

The amount of money stolen and the thief responsible for the break in and robbery still remain unknown.