Police Beat April 26 – April 29

April 29, 11:57 p.m. An officer stopped a vehicle in the 15600 block of Crenshaw Boulevard. The driver, who is not a student, had a $60,000 warrant for selling liquor to a minor. The man also was driving with a suspended license. The officer issued the man a citation and impounded his vehicle.

April 29, 2:08 p.m. An officer responded to the south side of the Life Science Building for a man that was drinking alcohol. Officers made contact with the man, who is not a student, and issued him a citation.

April 28, 12:45 a.m. An instructor went to the police station to report a student who was being confrontational with him. The instructor told the officer that he observed a group of students smoking cigarettes near the CAT Building. He approached them to advise them that there is no smoking on campus. The student started yelling profanities at the instructor. Another staff member told the instructor the student’s name. The student was then referred to the the Director of Student Development

April 27, 8:58 p.m. A vehicle that made an illegal turn from campus was stopped in the 3600 block of Redondo Beach Boulevard. The driver, who is a student, did not have a drivers license. The officer issued the student a citation and had his girlfriend come pick up the vehicle.

April 27, 11:22 a.m. An officer stopped a vehicle that made an illegal turn at Redondo Beach Boulevard and Stadium Way. The driver, who is a student, was driving with a suspended license. The officer issued the student a citation and had the vehicle parked at the scene.

April 27, 10:55 a.m. Two students who witnessed another student key a vehicle in Lot H called the police department. The students told the officer that the student drove away. The owner of the vehicle was located and she confirmed that the damage was not on her vehicle before she left it in the parking lot.

April 26, 6:31 p.m. A student reported that his bicycle was stolen from outside the Physics Building.

April 26, 9:10 a.m. A student went to the police station to report a hit-and-run. The student told the officer that someone hit his vehicle on the third level of Lot H. The rear bumper of the student’s vehicle had moderate damage.