Police Beat March 21 – March 25

March 21, 4:30 p.m. A woman in the MBA Building called police about a man in her class that was trying to pursue a relationship with her. The woman told the man that she wasn’t interested. At the time, the man wasn’t giving any unwanted attention and the officer told the woman that if the man does start again to let her instructor know and call police.

March 22, 11:45 a.m. An officer responded to the police station for a an assault report. A man and woman told the officer that two other women approached them on campus and started to yell obscenities at them. Everyone involved knew each other from previous relationships. All of the students that were involved were referred to the Director of Student Development. The man and woman didn’t want to press charges.

March 23, 4:10 p.m. Officers responded to the Life Sciences Building for a disturbance call. When officers arrived, a woman told the officers that a man in her class was taking pictures of her on his cellphone. The man admitted to the officers that he was taking photos of her and allowed the officers to see the photos. The man agreed to delete the photos off of his phone. The man did not commit any crime and he apologized to the woman.

March 24, 10:54 a.m. An officer stopped a man, who is not a student, for riding his bicycle in the 3400 block of Manhattan Beach Boulevard.

March 25, 10:10 a.m. Officers on patrol in Lot L saw a man lying in the bushes. When the officers made contact with the man, he was found to be in possession of a glass pipe with methamphetamine. The officers issued the man a citation.