Police Beat Feb. 6 – Feb. 12

Feb. 6, 5:05 p.m. A student who made an illegal left turn on the 3400 block of Manhattan Beach Boulevard was stopped by an officer. The student was driving with a suspended license. The officer issued the student a citation for driving with a suspended license and allowed for the vehicle to be parked at the location.

Feb. 8, 7:47 a.m. A staff member in the MBA Building called the police department for a man that was lying down in a stairwell. The staff member told officers that when she asked if the man, who is a student, if he was okay, he just moaned. Paramedics transported the student to an area hospital.

Feb. 8, 10:03 a.m. A student who was feeling suicidal went he went to the Health Center for help. The student voluntarily agreed to be transported to an area hospital for a psychological evaluation.

Feb. 8, 5:22 p.m. A student went to the police station to report that his bicycle was stolen from a rack between the Humanities and Chemistry buildings. When an officer reviewed the security camera video from the location, a man was observed stealing the student’s bicycle.

Feb. 9, 12:33 p.m. An elderly student at the pool was experiencing difficulty breathing. Responding officers called for paramedics who transported the man to an area hospital.

Feb. 11, 3:59 p.m. An officer stopped a vehicle in the 3100 block of Manhattan Beach Boulevard for an equipment violation. The driver who is not a student was driving with a suspended license. The officer cited the driver for driving with a suspended license and had the vehicle parked at the location.

Feb. 11, 6:37 p.m. A student went to the police station to report that someone had hit his vehicle that was parked in Lot H.

Feb. 12, 2:35 p.m. A student went to the police station to report that her vehicle was stolen from Lot L. An officer reviewed security camera video from the area and saw a possible suspect that took the student’s vehicle. A detective will be investigating this report.