EC set to celebrate Black History Month

El Camino will be celebrating Black History Month on campus with a variety of campus-sponsored events, according to the press release.

All events are free of charge and will be all across campus, although members of the community without a parking pass will have to buy a $3 daily-parking permit to park on campus, according to the school website.

Here is a list of the events in order:

• The celebrations are set to kick off with a “Black College Expo” from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 4 on the Library Lawn.
  • The following week on Feb. 9 in the Marsee Auditorium there is a screening and discussion planned for 1 p.m. of the film “Jamaica House.”
  • On Feb. 11, the “Spoken Word Lounge,” will be presented by EC history students which will begin at 1 p.m. in the Student Activities Center, East Lounge.
  • A panel discussion on “African-Americans in Hollywood” begins at 1 p.m. on Feb. 16 in the East Dining Room.
  • EC will also be having special guest Marc Brown, ABC7 Eyewitness News co-anchor, on campus for an African-American Student Conference from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 18 in the East Dining Room.
  • As celebrations come to an end, there will be a performance by Central Avenue Dance at 8 p.m. on Feb. 20 in Marsee Auditorium.
  • The Annual-African Read-In starting at 1 p.m. Feb. 23 in the East Dining Room. The final event for the month is set for Feb. 25 with “Taste of Soul Gospel Brunch” at noon in the college’s East Dining Room.