Midterms test students before break

Spring break is soon, and it’s going to give the students time to rest and relax from their course loads and classes from Saturday, March 14 to Friday, March 20.

As students and faculty all get ready to enjoy their long awaited spring break, they must both get through one thing: midterms.

The halfway mark of the semester is almost here thus bringing out the shorts and sandals as students warm up for spring break.

Before the plunge into the stacks or looking for parking at the nearest Starbucks to study for midterms, students daydream about how they are going to spend their down time during spring break.

Many students have a working mentality headed into break as they dread the inevitable clocking in of hours to save up for summer trips, rent, cars, clothes and other expenditures.

“I’m scheduled to work during break so it’s kind of a bummer but I am going be very relieved when midterms are over,” David LaPorte, 20, accounting major, said.

Students with heavy class loads and honors classes expect the professors to pile up the homework during break and leave them with no free time to enjoy it.

“I hope I don’t have too much work to do this break because I want to snowboard but I will most likely have some projects and homework knowing my professor,” Kieran O’Shaughnessy, 21, radiologic technology major, said.

But other students beg to differ like Nathan Fernandez, 18, game design major, said, “professors recognize that honor students have little free time as it is and will probably let us enjoy our break.”

“I’m pumped for break, it will give me some much needed time for myself to kick back,” Davey Rand, 20, engineering major, said.

Spring break can be the time for students to wind down and get away for vacation but also to visit family and loved ones.

“I’m going to Fresno to see my grandma and grandpa during break, I have not seen them in a while and I miss them,” RJ Ramirez, 20, accounting major, said.

Spring break adventures come small and large as multiple trips were planned, ranging from daytrips to stayover vacations. The locations of these trips also varied in distance from San Diego to New York City.

“I’m going to New Orleans for spring break so I am pretty stoked. I am ready for midterms so I guess all we have to do is wait,” Emilia Khalifeh, 21, kinesiology major, said.